We invite you to meet the animals that produce these beautiful fleeces. It is a long journey from good animal husbandry practices to shearing, sorting, classing, de-vegging, washing, dyeing, picking, carding, spinning, finding the perfect end product and marketing it to potential customers. This is all part of our labour of love.
We offer wet felting, machine knitting, weaving and needle felting courses from November to April at our farm. Come see what we have to offer. We look forward to your visit.
Kathy & Corinne
When: October 1st and 2nd (rain or shine)
Where: 820 County Road 18, Oxford Station, Ontario (visit the contact us page for directions)
Time: 10:00 - 4:00
- Check out our new farm store and get an early start on some Christmas shopping. We accept cash, MC and Visa.
- At this event, you will be privileged to some Alpaca Tracks T(h)read Lightly
- Save 20% on all of our alpaca yarn
- Save 20% on our alpaca duvets, pillows, handwoven blankets and alpaca throws
- We will also have a clearance table. There will be no HST on these items and the proceeds will go to La Casa Hogar Luis Albez in Arequipa, Peru. (cash sales only for these items)
- Please note that on-line shoppers will receive free shipping from October 1st to October 25th. If you are looking for something in particular and don't see it on-line, please email us at: email@example.com
- Meet the alpacas, angora goats, baby doll sheep, and free-range chickens
- Fibre Arts Demos, samples of course offerings for the fall
- Enjoy a bowl of chili ($3) and apple crisp ($3.)
- 1:00 (until supplies last) Adults can taste the national Peruvian special drink: Pisco Sour (donations are welcome at the Pisco Sour Table & will go towards our fundraising efforts for artisans in Peru).
- Meet the alpacas, angora goats, baby doll sheep and free-range chickens
- Fibre Arts Demos in from 10:00 - 12:00 (only)
- Enjoy savoury and dessert crepes prepared by Erick Lepors ($6.00 per crepe)
- 1:00 - 3:00 Pat Moore singer songwriter will be our special guest accompanied by a guitarist.
Pat will have the brand new Maple Hill cd available for purchase. If you would like to see the Maple Hill Band, they will be at the Spencerville Mill Oct. 1st in the evening.
We look forward to your visit and wish you an enjoyable week-end.